Vietnam is a beautiful country with a rich culture, stunning landscapes, and delicious cuisine. However, before you go, there are a few things you should know to make your trip more enjoyable. Here are eight Vietnam travel reviews and tips to help you plan your trip:
- Visa requirements: Most visitors to Vietnam need a visa. You can apply for a visa online or through the Vietnamese embassy in your country. Make sure to apply for your visa well in advance of your trip.
- Weather: Vietnam has a tropical climate with two main seasons: the dry season and the rainy season. The best time to visit is from November to April when the weather is dry and cool.
- Transportation: Getting around in Vietnam can be challenging, and traffic can be chaotic. If you plan on renting a motorbike, make sure you have a valid license and wear a helmet.
- Accommodation: Vietnam has a wide range of accommodation options, from budget hostels to luxury hotels. Make sure to book your accommodation in advance, especially during peak travel season.
- Food: Vietnamese cuisine is delicious and affordable. Make sure to try some of the local specialties, such as pho, banh mi, and spring rolls.
- Safety: Vietnam is generally a safe country to travel, but like any other destination, it’s important to be vigilant and take precautions. Avoid carrying large sums of cash, and be aware of your surroundings, especially at night.
- Culture: Vietnamese cultureis unique and diverse. It’s important to be respectful of local customs and traditions. Dress modestly when visiting temples or other religious sites, and take off your shoes before entering someone’s home.
- Language: Vietnamese is the official language of Vietnam, and not everyone speaks English. It’s a good idea to learn some basic phrases in Vietnamese or bring a translation app with you.
Overall, Vietnam is a wonderful destination to explore, with a rich history, stunning natural scenery, and delicious food. By following these travel reviews and tips, you can make the most of your trip to Vietnam.